Welcome to the Yoga Studio College of Canada.
Established in 1996 by Valery Petrich, The Yoga Studio College of Canada is Calgary’s pioneer teacher training facility. Known as the ‘home studio’ to many, it has trained more than 915 graduates. These trainees teach in a variety of settings across Canada including corporate, health and educational facilities. Officially recognized by the Canadian Government as an educational institute for Yoga Therapy.
Click here to find out more about Valery Petrich, Director
Why choose the Yoga Studio College?
Depth and Breadth of Training
- Convenience – Training takes place at our two thriving studios in northwest Calgary , at the LRT stations
- 30 teachers to mentor and support you through your training (they were once where you are!)
- Credibility and expertise – 6 dedicated faculty members who are top ranking Canadian yoga experts to inspire you and guide you
- Learn how to create lesson plans for any class – flow, hot, beginner or restorative yoga
- NO CRASH COURSE! Anything less than one year for a teacher training will leave you unprepared. Don’t be fooled by weekend courses.
- 3 south studios that accommodate our trainees for practice
- A well structured curriculum at a sane pace of 15 months, spread out to allow you to work, raise your family and comfortably integrate your studies into daily life.
- Miss a module? No problem, life sometimes gets in the way. We have make ups available.
- Over 65 classes to attend FREE during your 15 month training
- Practice teach time slots at our two north studios every Friday evening
- practice sessions with your peers to integrate your studies
Credibility of your Certificate
- A diploma widely recognized in Canada. We are a government endorsed, gst exempt educational institute.
- Accreditation and Recognition – Once certified by The Yoga Studio College you will be qualified to apply and be accepted for 200 RYT designation through Yoga Alliance.
Support Upon Graduation
Apply For The 2016 Teacher Training Course
- A graduation banquet to celebrate with your peers and loved ones. Job well done!
- Be hired by our studios or our contacts. We help you get teaching jobs.
- Create your own job, even your own company. Val will show you how.
- Receive ongoing support – as an alumni of The Yoga Studio College you will receive the The Yoga Studio College Newsletter and email updates which will keep you abreast of upcoming events, opportunities and success stories (your can be one of them). Alumni network informally share tips, opportunities, lessons learned to strengthen you practice, your teaching and your business.